The Weekly Frills! 7.18.2014

On Fridays I share a few things that have caught my attention or inspired me during the week.  Here are the frills for this Friday!

________________________________________________________________________


An Awesome DIY Tutorial


Remember this light from a few weeks back in my post about plans?



I'm totally in love with the architectural, vintage feel of this light.  The geometric lines make my heart sing, and I can see it in our hallway, my craft room or even the bedroom.  

Then this week, I saw a tutorial on one of the blogs I follow, Vintage Revivals.  The author, Mandi, has a super cool style and does all sorts of sweet DIY tutorials that I dream about following.  The tutorial that reminded me of this light was for a hanging plant holder.  


Now, plant holders aren't really my style (I have a BLACK thumb...plants cringe in fear when I pass them). BUT, the method of assembly and awesome shape reminded me of the lights I drool over.  I'm thinking about trying to use the tutorial to make my own geometric light fixture for my craft room.  A little ambitious? Definitely.  But I'm feeling like I could make it work, and then I could paint it whatever color I want and make the size fit perfectly for the room!

________________________________________________________________________

Curb Appeal!

One of the other things on my to-do list is give our house's front entry a little extra curb appeal.  First thing I'm going to do is get some new house numbers and make a little plaque to put them on.  I'm totally digging these numbers...


They're more modern, nice and dark so they're easy to see from the street, and they'll be a nice contrast to the wood plaque I'm imagining.  I'll share a tutorial of making the plaque once it's done and installed!

________________________________________________________________________


First, how can you NOT like a blog with a name like Tatertots and Jello?  I know I can't!

But don't be fooled - I'm not just enthralled with the name.  The content of the blog is as inspiring as it's name is adorable. Jen (the blog owner) has an awesome eye for design and features tons of different tutorials at lots of difficulty levels.  I can always find an idea that gets added to my "Must Make This!" list!

Check it out!


That's all for now, folks. 

Actually, there's one more thing...

How about another printable?  Here is the next printable in my "inspiring dots" series!

Love Deeply.





Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment