Paint Project, Post 1

If you happen to follow me on Instagram, then you saw the pile of paint cans and containers that was my project this weekend.

Not that the project is done. Hahahaha you guys thought it was done, didn't you? 

The laughing was aimed at myself - I rarely can complete a project in just one weekend!  What fun would that be?!? In fact, currently there is a large easel sitting in my living room. Why, you might ask? I imagine a conversation about it's presence might go something like this: 


You: "That's a nice easel you've got there - is it a statement piece for your living room decor?"

Me: "No, silly, i'm just working on a project, and I like to work here where I can be around Mr. B and Fitz and whomever else is here."

You: "Ok, that makes sense.  But wasn't it here four months ago too?"

Me: "Ummmm...well...maybe...have you seen the new paint color in the craft room  spare bedroom?" 

You: "Wait, you have a spare bedroom? Couldn't the easel go there? (implying that that might be a better location than the middle of the living room)"

Me: (completely ignoring your last comment) "Come on, I'll show you how awesome the new grey color looks!"


Anyway, I thought I would share a few pictures of the paint progress and then let you in on how I plan to finish the room!

Here is a picture of the room before:



And here's a *VERY MESSY* picture of it after.  



If you feel like your eyes are deceiving you, you're not imaging things.  Most of the walls are grey, but the one in this picture and another small wall near the door (that you can't see) are actually white. That's because the white ones will be getting a stencil treatment soon!  Yay for lots of color!  And the grey is already SO much more "Me!"

I took the plunge and bought that herringbone stencil I mentioned a few weeks back...and boy, am I excited to get it!  It's from Royal Design Studio.  Totally thinking I'm going to be addicted to stenciling once I get my hands on this one.  And did I mention it's Herringbone!?!?!? Ahhhh!!!!

So, that's what my weekend entailed.  As soon as I get that stencil in my hands, that's what I'll be plugging away on after work this week too!  And you can check out instagram for a peek at the colors I'll be using to stencil!!


No comments :

Post a Comment