This Craft Room's so Bright...

You're gonna want shades (what up, 80's music fans!)

The pictures in this post may hurt your eyes if they are sensitive, so I'll wait if you want to grab a pair of sunglasses or preemptively turn down the brightness on your screen.

..................

...........................

.......................

Got them?  Awesome :)  Now you are set to continue!

Last weekend Mr. B took off on a football-viewing mini vacation with some friends.  Naturally, I decided to use my alone time to work on some projects...so I decided to get down and dirty and get my craft room transformation under way.  First step - Paint!!

I had shared in an earlier post that I was thinking green...and boy, did I ever go with green!

The craft room itself is in the basement.  It has low ceilings and poor lighting, so I knew that I needed a color that would help brighten the space and not make it feel even more cave-like.  Solution? Hit up the Home Depot on Friday and spend some quality time with the paint chips! (isn't that what everyone does on a Friday night?!?)

Side note - I think the guys at the paint counter may think I'm insane for how long I spent there.  I kinda feel like I should ask them their names the next time I go since we will likely be spending more time together down the road as well.  Maybe I'll bring them a loaf of thanks-for-putting-up-with-me banana bread.  IDK, just a thought.

I got home with 3 different samples that were quite different from one another:
After slapping some squares up on the wall with each sample, I quickly decided that Fern Leaf and Intoxication were just too dark.  Though Intoxication is pretty much my favorite color of green ever, it would have made the room feel much smaller than it really is.  And I probably would have had to have a halogen worklamp on at all times in that place to be able to see what I was doing.

The more I looked at Honeydew, the more I liked it!  So back to Home Depot it was for a gallon of the selected color.

So this is the part where those sunglasses I mentioned come in.

Like, seriously.

When I say bright, I actually mean "WHOA, THAT IS BRIGHT!!"

Brace yourself - here it comes.



WAH-BAM!!! Told you it was in your face.

At first I was a little unsure when I got it on the walls.  There were some texts to my BFF Jaime to talk me off the oh-shit-I-think-I-just-spent-3-hours-painting-this-room-a-horrible-mistake-of-a-color, ledge.  And some pacing around the room, contemplating each wall.

And then I was exhausted, so I went to bed with 2 walls to complete.

When I woke up the next morning, I tiptoed down to the room to take a peek again (apparently I thought that the silence of my steps would help in the acceptance of the color? IDK, I don't make sense sometimes).

The sleep had helped, because walking through those doors I was totally digging the color!  After a few deep breaths, I grabbed all of my paint supplies and finished up those bright green walls!

Here are a few more pics:



Hey look, another Fitz sighting!

As you can see, I've already got my desk and some other furniture downstairs!  The table in the middle will be the stand-in until I've got a bit more moolah in the craft bank and I can get to building my ideal table.  So until then, our old hand-me-down dining table will do just fine!  White paint may grace it soon so that I can accept it's presence in the room for a longer while.  

Other plans I've got for the room? Why, I'm so happy you asked!  There will definitely be a pegboard built for that giant empty wall - ever since my days in the glamorous retail world, the beauty and pure organizational perfection of pegboard has been in my dreams.  It's time to make it reality.  I've also got plans for a new light fixture, a fabric filing cabinet and (a looooongggg ways down the line) a sliding door to the bathroom that you can't see in these pictures.  Right now there is just a shower curtain there....not my favorite way to close a bathroom.

Oh, and there will be new pompoms as well!

So what do you think?  Is the green workable in your mind?  Let me know!  I'm totally up for any ideas to make this an awesome craft room...on a budget, of course :)


Linking up @:

No comments :

Post a Comment