A Blank Slate


We said goodbye to my little bro this week - he moved out of our house and into a house with my other 2 brothers and a friend.  I'm sad that he won't be around anymore - he's a great help with projects and reaching things in our tall kitchen cabinets :)  But he's  happy to have his own space again, and I'm happy for him too!

That being said, my permanent craft room is now empty and ready to be designed! First thing I want to decide is whether or not I'm going to paint it.  Right now it's a pale grey color.  Not bad, but maybe not the most inspiring color either.  Green is my favorite color but I've always been too nervous to paint a room green...maybe this is my chance! This one is at the top of my green paint list right now...



Since I have a lot more space to work with, I've been spending FAR too much time on Pinterest looking for ideas!  I've known from the beginning that I want to put a large desk in the middle of the room...so that will be my starting point! 

Below are some of my favorite picks for getting my new craft space up and running - I'll keep the words to a minimum and let the pictures speak for themselves this time!  









(I know this is a kitchen, but I love the white shelves with gold brackets!)


















Ahhh! All these organization and decor ideas make me just giddy!!  

What do you think?  Have an idea that you've used in a craft/highly organized space that you want to share?  Please do! Comment below - I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments :

  1. When I downsized my craft space I went with a fold down table from IKEA. Even though I don't fold it down all that often, I like having the option if I decide to. The table is nice and high so I can stand to work or sit now stool.
    I organize many items in white milk glass jars and bowls. Love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, good tips, Heather! I'm going to get paint for the room tonight...so I'm excited to see it start coming together over the next few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete